Monday, January 28, 2013

Homemade Bread In The Crock pot!!!

Ok so another friend of mine inspired me to make some homemade bread she found out a lot of store breads have some not so good ingredients in it. Which inspired her to make her own. She baked hers & I plan to still try that. But I was being lazy & wanted a easier way.

I played around on pinterest looking at different recipe's & then kind of took it all in & this is what I did:

1-packet active dry yeast 
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup warm water

1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup lukewarm water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 Bread flour


This is the flour & yeast I used



*Do Not pre-heat your crock pot/ slow cooker

*Spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray or use wax paper to line the bottom*
(I think next time I will try the paper my bread got a little burnt on bottom but my crock pot is also 8 yrs old so not sure lol)

Ok Now:
*Mix: yeast, 1tsp sugar & 1/4 cup warm water set aside & let sit 10 mins it will get foamy

Next:
*Combine: egg, veg oil, 1 cup warm water, salt, sugar & yeast mixture after it's set the 10 mins beat with a mixer for about 10 mins

*Add 2 cups of flour beat on low until its a gummy like texture

*Now use YOUR HAND * add the rest of flour a little at a time

*Knead it for about 4 mins till it's smooth. It will be sticky DO NOT add more flour! Form into a ball & place in slow cooker/crock pot

*Cook on high 2-3 hours check after 1 1/2 mine was a little over done by 2

*The top should feel firm when it's done

*Make sure to let it cool completely before you cut it

My whole family loved it!!!


 
Have you ever made homemade bread? Did you like it?
-Candice-

No comments:

Post a Comment