Sunday, July 7, 2013

Coconut Breakfast Cake




Well I'm not really sure if this is more for breakfast or dessert! But I made it for Breakfast the other morning & it was so yummy!!!  I found the recipe on Pinterest of course it's a Martha Stewart recipe which you can get the original one HERE.


 It was super moist & delicious it calls for coconut inside the cake but I was kind of spacey yesterday & doing a million things at once & of course I forgot to mix the coconut in Ooops!

Honestly though it was so good it didn't need the coconut inside! So I just toasted coconut for the top!
my husband & kids enjoyed it. If your not a big coconut lover then I say try it my way! If you really enjoy it you may want to follow the original!

So here is what you need:

a bread pan

1 & 1/2 -sticks of butter unsalted (if you use salted then reduce amount of salt below)

2-cups flour & a little for inside the pan

1 & 1/2- tsp baking powder

1/2 -tsp salt

1-cup white sugar

1-tsp vanilla

3-eggs

1-cup buttermilk

For frosting:

1-cup powdered sugar

2-Tablespoons buttermilk

1/2 cup sweetened coconut

*Preheat oven to 350  Butter the pan & then sprinkle some flour in & shake it around


*Mix flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl

* In another bowl use a hand mixer cream butter & sugar together add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla

* slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture about 1/2 cup at a time & alternate adding the buttermilk

* Once it is all mixed add to loaf pan & bake 50-60 minutes until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

* While baking toast coconut I used a pan on top of my stove

Finished Product :)



Looks good right? Try it!!

-Candice-
 

No comments:

Post a Comment