Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Latte Crockpot Style!

Who doesn't love a good PSL am I right? My husband and I are no exception!! Although this year he was bummed out by Starbucks. He felt it didn't have enough flavor for his liking.

Well me and a couple of my favorite gal pals had a girl's night in over the weekend. We decided to all hang out in our PJ's & make some snacks & just talk and laugh without the kiddos. I thought I'd make us a yummy drink to go with our snacks.

So I decided to try some Pumpkin Spice Lattes in my Crockpot. I made them decaf that night but since then I have made them twice with regular coffee.

The hubs kept asking about them so I decided to whip up a batch for him & he LOVED them! He said they had way more flavor than Starbucks. My 2 girlfriends loved them & one of the girl's husbands tried it as well and also loved them so I assure you these are tasty. It's been reviewed by 5 different people so far ;)

So here is what you need:

6 -Cups Milk (you can use skim to make them skinny)

4-5 Cups strongly brewed coffee

8-Tbsp sugar

8-Tbsp pumpkin puree

2-tsp cinnamon

1- 2oz bottle of Vanilla (yes I know that's a lot of vanilla I assure you this is correct)

1-2 shakes of pumpkin pie spice

Whipped Cream for topping *optional*

* Cook on high 2 hours stir occasionally

*This makes about a full crockpot worth


I have since made 2 Half batches and that seems to be perfect you get about 6 cups worth with a 1/2 batch

*I use 2 & 1/2 cups of coffee for a 1/2 batch & *only 2 Tbsp of vanilla in a half batch *

*If you do a half batch only cook 1 hour

End Result:


Enjoy!!!
post signature

1 comment: