Saturday, June 22, 2013

Playdough Pssh.. Try Awesome Dough!!!

So my friend Lindsay, she actually has her own awesome blog check her out:
http://littlemudpies.blogspot.com/

 Well we were discussing how sometimes it is hard to entertain our boy's then she helped me with something new & fun & quite creative!! She led me to this page:
http://www.creativeplayhouse.mumsinjersey.co.uk/ou

Where we found the recipe for her bubble dough or as I call it AWESOME dough!! Seriously it's so easy to make, cheap, not too messy & you can add color & scent to it to make it your own!!!

All you need are a few simple ingredients I made 2 different kinds of dough here is what you need to make both:

*The Dough pictured is the bubble dough (made with the dish soap)*




Corn starch

Any dish soap (I used Dawn the blue one)

Conditioner

Essential Oils (optional but makes the dough smell nice)

Food coloring

So for dough 1 originally called Ice Cream dough you need:

1 1/2 Cups- Corn Starch

3/4 cup conditioner

mix then add color & scent if you'd like







For Dough 2 originally called bubble dough you need:

1 cup Corn Starch

Dish soap (this you add until right consistency  it said 1/4 cup ya no I needed quite a bit) I used until it was like silly puddy consistency.

Essential oil for scent
                                                                   



                             The Boy's loved it now I will say it does get a little messy especially with a 2 year old mine is just a crazy one though so yours may do just fine :) but seriously it's corn starch & it was so easy to clean my table totally worth it to keep them happy & entertained!
**I do think the ice cream dough made with conditioner was less messy**
                                   Try it!!
                            -Candice-
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment