Saturday, August 3, 2013

DIY Chicken Wire Picture Frame


I was shopping at Michael's one day & found this silver frame on clearance for $5 it was so cute I couldn't resist it. I had no idea what I would do with it so it sat in my closet for awhile.

I used to have a really big bed frame with a huge cast iron headboard it was beautiful but our taste changed so we sold it. We'd love to build a wooden pallet head board but with trying to sell the house we figured we should wait. So above my bed was a blank empty wall BORING!!

So I knew I needed to put that frame there. I have seen chicken wire frame's for sale & some are pretty pricey I figured why buy one when I can make one :)

So off to Lowe's I went to get supplies:

Staple gun & a roll of chicken wire hubby already had wire cutter's in his tool box. I stapled the first part of wire on and then cut the amount I needed! I got a little staple happy but oh well at least I know it's on there good.

I wanted to clip pictures to it but decided for showing purposes people didn't want to be staring at pictures of us so I came up with the idea of "Sweet Dreams" above the bed

I found little luggage tags at Michael's then cut off the top & used a stencil & sponged on the paint. I then used mini clothes pins to clip it to the chicken wire. I still think I'd prefer pictures but it works for now & at least there is not just a plain wall.

Oh & I used command strips to hang it that way no holes to patch!!

What do you think? Have you ever used chicken wire for a DIY project?
post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a frame. I'm going to have to create one soon and see if mine comes out as awesome as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tara :) it's really pretty easy the cutting is a bit annoying but way cheaper than buying one from somewhere!! I'd love to see what you do when you make one :)

      Delete