Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Easy DIY




So our house is up for sale & that's one whole big annoying mess I'll probably get into that at one point! Well I took down most of my wall décor to de-personalize.

I now have a dislike for my house & want to change everything I am so bored! I want to repaint but with it being for sale I don't want to put more money into my home we have already done so many upgrades!

So I have been looking for ways to change things on the CHEAP!

So I have this hanging on my wall & I still like it but it needed to be changed some way some how!(my style has changed & this is just not fitting anymore)




So I started thinking & thinking!! I thought 1st I need different color candles & I wanted to paint the iron to white! Then I thought of a way to dress up the little glass holders:

 
Why not wrap in some burlap? I love burlap it's so cute!!! I had some left from making a Table Runner for my kitchen table so it was perfect & free :)
 
I actually ran out of paint while painting the iron holder (it was paint I had already had I said I wanted to do this cheap right?) Well I was going to go buy more but when I brought it in to hang it up to get an idea of how it would look my husband said he really liked the way it looked so I decided to leave it for now! Maybe I will end up re-coating it but for now I'm loving it!!
 
 
So here is the finished product:
 
Oh I also wrapped a little jute rope & tied it around the glass holders. I really am loving this little do over! Since the paint didn't fully cover it looks distressed in a way!

What do you think?
-Candice-

 

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I am loving your DIY spicing ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete