Monday, July 1, 2013

Mini Turkey Meat loaf's



These are one of my husband's favorite meals that I make! Bonus they are healthy!!

So after my first child I was looking for way's to get back to my pre-baby weight! I was put on bed rest with him & gained a lot of weight. He was actually the child I had the hardest time losing my weight with.

So on my quest to shed the pounds I knew I needed to eat better!! Well I'm kind of a Lifetime junkie! There used to be a show on there called Cook Yourself Thin! I don't believe it's on anymore but I could be wrong!

Anyhow they had a cookbook & I had ordered it. It has some super yummy meals! These meat loaf's were so good & had so much flavor I didn't feel like I was eating healthy! I'm kinda of a pizza & wings girl!

For the meatloaf:

1 slice of whole wheat bread

1/2 cup skim milk

1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Olive Oil

1 onion diced

5oz bag of baby spinach leaves

1 1/4 pounds ground turkey

2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan

1 large egg

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

For the Glaze:

3 Tablespoons ketchup

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon hot sauce

*Preheat oven to 375 degrees

*Grind bread in food processor or blender until fine. Transfer to a large bowl & pour milk over the crumbs

*Heat  1 Tbsp Olive oil in a large skillet over medium add onion & cook until soft & golden. Then add spinach stir till it's wilted. Transfer to bowl with the crumbs. Add turkey, parm, egg, salt, pepper & nutmeg. Mix well

*Pack 1 cup of the mixture into a dry measuring cup then shake out on to a cookie sheet repeat until you have used all the mixture. Gently pat the little loafs down.

*Bake until cooked through about 40 mins

* Make glaze while they are cooking & brush over them during the last 10-15 minutes!

They are so yummy I think you will really enjoy them! We eat with a side salad or baked asparagus!



Enjoy  & let me know if you try them :)
-Candice-

No comments:

Post a Comment