Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Make your own Cream Of... Soup



Ok so we all know that ton's of recipes call for cream of something soups right? Well I don't know about you but Cream of Chicken soup freaks me the hell out! It's yellow & the chunks of bright pink chicken EWWW!

Plus they really are not healthy so much sodium & preservatives UM no thanks!! Now I am not health nut by any means! I love pizza or fried chicken! But I do try to make better choices a lot of times.

So I had seen on Pinterest others have made their own cream of something soups & honestly it is so freaking easy!! Really TRY IT!

So the one I use the most is cream of mushroom here is what I do:

In a sauce pan-

Melt 2 Tbsp butter

add chopped mushrooms (as much as you'd like)

Whisk in 2 Tbsp flour (let it cook for a min or 2)

Pour in 1 cup of milk slowly (you don't want the cold milk to make the flour all lumpy)

Cook for eh 10 mins (till it's on the thicker side)

You can add salt & pepper to taste ( I usually only add a little of both unless I'm mixing it with something else that has salt in it)

This is my Cream of Mushroom, seriously my food tastes way better using this :



For cream of chicken:

 Melt 2 Tbsp butter

Whisk in 2 Tbsp flour

Pour in 1/2 cup chicken stock & 1/2 cup Milk

Cook till it thickens add salt & pepper to taste


For cream of celery:

Melt 2 Tbsp butter

Add chopped celery cook for couple mins to soften

Whisk in 2 Tbsp flour

Pour in 1/2 cup vegtable stock & 1/2 cup milk

Cook till it thickens add salt & pepper to taste


Have you ever made your own cream of something soups?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment